The Kentucky Derby is like the kick-start to the summer season in Saratoga.
All horse racing fans (and even non-fans) gather around to see some of the world’s greatest thoroughbreds race for the title.
I’ve gotta say, watching American Pharoah last year win the Kentucky Derby was pretty solid, especially watching it in the National Racing Museum and Hall of Fame.
With that said, I’m here to lay out some ideas for the big Derby Day and give you a little round up of all of the Kentucky Derby Events in Saratoga that I was able to find.
FYI – I pretty much copied and pasted all of these listings, so if there are typos, don’t blame me. 🙂
Here we go:
The Kentucky Derby Party at the National Racing Museum and Hall of Fame:
This event is at the top of the list because it’s where I’ll be, and for good reason. From 3:30-7:30pm, enjoy:
- Coverage of the Kentucky Derby pre-show throughout the Museum
- Samplings from local restaurants, breweries, distilleries and wineries
- Live music with Rich Ortiz in the official Hall of Fame
- Awards for the best Derby attire by Natalie Sillery, owner of Saratoga Trunk
- Judging for best Kentucky inspired dish by Ashley Dingeman, Saratoga Food Fanatic (HEY – That’s ME!)
- Race day inspired Raffle
- Live airing of the Kentucky Derby in the Hall of Fame
“Prime on the Rail”
- Cash Concession Food Items | 4pm – 8pm
- Beer, Wine & Spirit Vendors | Cash Bar
- Ron Bill’s New Orleans Stompers | 4pm – 6:30pm
- No Reservations Required
- $15 Admission | Prime will make $3 per ticket donation to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Jumbo-Tron TV featuring Live Race!
- Habana Hand Rolled Cigar Station
- Beer Truck
- Looking for a Derby Outfit to sport? | Mens Ware by The National | 385 Broadway
“VIP In-field ” | Blue Stone Tent
- $85 inclusive | featuring Prime Steakhouse Buffet | 4pm – 8pm
- Private Cash Bar
- Complimentary Mint Julep Drink Ticket
- TV’s with Live Derby Race
- Guaranteed Seating
- Vendor Liquor Tasting
- Reservations Required
- SOUL SESSION LIVE 6:30PM – 10:00PM
- 20s Style Prohibition Party
- Prizes for Best Outfit
- Sponsored by Saranac Brewery (Did you know they were the first to receive a Liquor License after Prohibition in NY?),
Cigar Lounge outside
- Crawfish Station
- Live sound throughout each race
- Largest TV and best sound system in Saratoga
- Free WiFi
- Food and drink specials all day
- Prizes: Night Stay at Saratoga Hilton, Private Party for 6 at James & Son Tobacconists Lounge, Day at Saranac Brewery, Tickets to Jazz Festival at SPAC, 4 Hour Limo Ride by Premier Plus Travel & Tours, Tickets to Night at Creative Corks
4pm – Post time | Hang out at Brook Tavern and enjoy mint juleps, bourbon flights, and veuve cliquot by the glass as well as Kentucky inspired complimentary appetizers!
Starting at 2pm, enjoy live entertainment by Robonic, Mint Julep and food specials, PLUS a first look at the newly renovated space.